Friday, February 02, 2007

Time for tea

Here's something you don't see very often. Come to think it has been quite a while since I saw her!
1959 classic


The other I going off for a cup of tea close to the Westbury hotel, one of the few places where you can pull up for a mo. But the porter came out as I arrived " Are you free? Good take this man to the airport"
Happy to forget the tea, the biz gent walked into the coffie shop and asked for a muffin and tea.
Fair enough , in 2 mins we are on the way, straight out for Ballymun. He is telling me how he overslept and has missed his meeting! 2 Hours late.. Then he is on to his frends...Bla bla bla ..
When he pauses for breath I say " Your meeting is it in the airport complex or one of the hotels close by?"
He rings off and rings up someone to find out where the meeting is being held..East Point Clontarf !
All the way back in to town! e22 on the clock. Seeing as how if we had gone directly it would have been a tenner I let him off with e20 .

So the moral is don't assume the driver is psychic.

Today I had one of thos days which started off well then died the death. I came home with e30 after driving around for over 3 hours. I will cut my losses and perhaps I will work into the night, The people on the payroll have been paid now so they are bound to be going out tonight to celebrate.
By the way I got a mention on another website and I got more hits on thursday than a hedgehog on the M50.
Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:50 AM

    I totally agree with your feelings on the 1959 Caddy - not just a car, but architecture. Also, the 1962 convertible (like Tubbs drove in Miami Vice) smaller fins, but lovely design. KP

    ReplyDelete