Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wisdom for the new year

Here is a piece of wisdom sent to me from Mike. Thanks.

Starting off the new year there has to be a moment of wisdom.

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport.
We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us.

My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.
My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy.

And I mean, he was really friendly.

So I asked, "Why did you just do that? That guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!"

That's when my taxi driver taught me what I now call,

"The Law of the Garbage Truck."

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks.
They run around full of garbage, frustration, anger and disappointment.

As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you.

Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on.

Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day.

Love the people who treat you right.

Pray for the ones who don't.

All the best for 20 10

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Siempre se aprende algo nuevo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    In my attempt to get things to function, I noticed I had a follower. I'm honored that a fellow with such a deep blogging history would show interest, I just wish, beyond comments, I had anything to follow. Regretably, I'm a low tech wonder. I just purchased a digital camera several days ago and am now making the discovery my windows vista home premium program won't transfer picures to anything beyond my own computer. I may have to purchase the word program and then figure that out. And I thought the computers they put in our cabs to replace radios were a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spoke too soon. Apparently I can insert images, but only on blogger. So, one's up, it's not much, and wherever this leads it's all your fault for prodding me along (thanks). I may get word anyway, it seems it might help.

    ReplyDelete